POWTS - Private Onsite Waste Treatment System
All septic systems and holding tanks are required to be inspected and/or pumped at least once every three years.
This is a Burnett County code required maintenance.
Help protect our lakes and watersheds.
• Know where your septic tank is located
• Have your septic tank accessible for any emergencies that may arise (i.e. frozen lines, plugged lines, plugged vents, etc.)
• Insulate over your septic lines between the house and the septic system to prevent winter freeze up
• Make sure vent caps are exposed and above ground
• Know the age of your septic system
Call today to make your appointment . . . 715-866-4195, or e-mail if you have any questions!
DO NOT FLUSH
Feminine Hygiene Products (including Tampons)
Diapers and Wipes
Antibiotics and Other Drugs
Gasoline and Oil
Any Large Amount of a Toxic Chemical
Do not put grease down your sink it causes blockage over time, also no peelings, seeds, or coffee grounds.
• Conserve water
• Use environmentally safe detergents
• Watch for ponding of water near your septic system
• Watch out for leaky toilets and faucets
• Slow flushing or slow draining
• Gurgling toilets
For more information . . .